FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Electrical Superintendent
This position is responsible for performing routine and non-routine preventative maintenance and repair of all electrical, HVAC, fire alarm, security and audio systems. This position is also responsible for construction of new electrical systems and set-up of existing systems as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform maintenance and repair of all GNFA electrical systems.
• Construct new electrical systems for capital improvements and facility expansions.
• Prepare fixed or portable electrical hook-ups for GNFA events as needed.
• Prepare audio and sound systems for GNFA events as needed.
• Notify immediate supervisor of equipment and facilities in need of repair or replacement and supplies in need of replenishment.
• Other duties, functions and special assignments as directed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to perform successfully with minimal instructions and supervision.
• Ability to demonstrate a good working knowledge of a variety of electrical systems.
• Excellent knowledge of and ability to abide by all policies and procedures of the GNFA.
• Travel from the office to other location may be required.
• Must possess (or be able to obtain) and maintain appropriate license in electrical work.
• This position may require an irregular work schedule and the performance of work assignments which may not be directly related to job specifications.
Supervisory Control and Responsibilities:
The Electrician III must comply with generally accepted professional practices as well as relevant State and Federal regulations. Such guidelines are generally clear and specific but may require some interpretation in their application.
Minimum Training and/or Experience to Perform Essential Job Functions:
Education level commonly associated with the completion of a High School Diploma is required with 3-5 years of relevant work experience as a licensed electrician. However, a combination of education and experience may be used to meet minimum requirements.
(ADA) MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS OR STANDARDS REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Ability to read and understand written materials. Ability to effectively communicate in order to give or exchange information, resolve problems, and/or provide service.
Ability to work with basic mathematical concepts such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. Some work may involve percentages, ratios, and other more complex mathematical computations.
Must be able to effectively communicate orally and in written form in a professional manner. Primary communication is with GNFA customers and employees. Additional contact may be required with outside officials, agencies and companies.
Ability to interpret and understand general business principles, a variety of forms, manuals, regulations and other means of instruction and guidance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions: While performing the duties of this job, intermittent sitting, standing, bending, or stooping is regularly required. Additionally, the incumbent must be able to routinely lift and/or carry light to moderately heavy objects.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions: The work environment is highly variable with noise levels usually low to moderate. Routine work may expose the incumbent to much dust, dirt, fumes, vibration, and other disagreeable elements.
The GNFA offers a competitive salary, benefits plan and retirement. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, submit a letter of interest and resume to: Human Resources, Georgia National Fairgrounds and Agricenter, 401 Larry Walker Parkway, Perry, GA 31069 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.Position may be applied for in person at GNFA administrative offices as well. Phone (478) 988-6477. Position will be open until filled